‘Taste of Kangaroo Island’ Tour
Duration: 5.5 hours
Focus: produce & products
Includes: morning tea, picnic lunch & refreshments
Departure Time: 10:00am or by arrangement
There are many different options available for those that want to try some of the island’s great food and wine. We will discuss the various options and design an itinerary that suits your interests. Below are some of the most popular venues:
- Award winning Dudley Wine Cellar Door to try some great KI wines from the island’s pioneer wine maker. Their ocean views are one of the most spectacular of any cellar door in Australia.
- The Oyster Farm Shop at American River to sample delicious local oysters straight from the ocean.
- Cliffords Honey Farm to enjoy the different varieties of honey on offer and learn about the history of the Ligurian Bees. Their delicious honey ice-cream is a must and you can also try Drunken Drone Brewery honey-wheat ale.
- Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery and Kangaroo Island Ciders. South Australia’s only commercial Eucalyptus oil distillery; where you can view a wide range of Kangaroo Island products including soaps, hand creams, arts, crafts and tastings of the award-winning apple ciders. The hand-raised baby kangaroos that hop around outside are so cute and love getting a friendly pat.
- Picnic lunch in a bushland setting at Duck Lagoon where you can see and enjoy the sounds of many different Australian birds.
- Wine tasting at The Islander Estate. Jacques Lurton is arguably one of the best wine makers on Kangaroo Island.
- Award-winning Kangaroo Island Spirits to sample handmade Gin, Vodka and Liqueurs