‘North Coast Highlights’ Tour
Duration:: 8.5 hours
Focus: coastal scenery, secluded beaches, wildlife, and Australian bushland
Includes: morning tea, picnic lunch, refreshments & nibbles
Departure Time: 9:00am
Departure: Time by arrangement
- We start our scenic journey with first stop being picturesque Pennington Bay. One of the island’s most photographed ocean beaches with dolphins regularly frolicking in the surf.
- Prospect Hill where depending on your fitness, you can climb the stairs to the top and share the same panoramic views enjoyed by Matthew Flinders when he first mapped the island in 1802. (this lookout will open late 2019)
- Visit the unspoilt wetlands of Duck Lagoon to view a variety of Australian water birds and other wildlife.
- Off the beaten track to a remote lookout at Western River Cove, leisurely stroll along the picturesque banks to view stunning rock formations and pristine sandy beach.
- Then off to what is arguably the most scenic drive on the island along the North Coast Road to Snelling Beach. Not only are views beautiful but we regularly see pairs of Wedge-tailed eagles soaring in the thermals as they hunt along this coastline.
- Stokes Bay where you will discover a ‘secret’ beach which is hidden from view.