Enjoy your very own pristine, secluded beach.
Kangaroo Island LodgeA unique combination of spectacular coastal views, wildlife you can meet up close and personal, a secluded pristine beach with private access and Kangaroo Island lodge-style accommodation. Sea Dragon Lodge's contemporary take on classic design creates the timeless feel of an established homestead or mountain chalet. This same sense of authenticity continues indoors. The rooms are light and bright with the natural warmth of timber floors and comfortable furnishings. The look is modern country - stylish, yet cosy and welcoming.
3D Virtual Tour of the Lodge
To view a 3D image of the Lodge please click here.
LoungeOur welcoming lounge is the hub of the lodge and a versatile social space. A generous room with a cosy gas log fire and comfy leather sofas, it is also the guest dining area. On the entertainment front the lounge boasts a stereo system, Flat screen Smart TV with internet connection, DVDs, CDs, iPod player and board games. The lounge is the ideal place to unwind after enjoying Kangaroo Island's spectacular sights. Enjoy this homely space with your friends and family or have a quite read by the fireplace – our Kangaroo Island lodge is about creating your perfect holiday experience.
DeckSpanning the length of the lodge, the spacious front deck gives us a seamless link to the world beyond - a place to enjoy an evening drink and absorb the panorama of Backstairs Passage and the surrounding wildlife. The deck is popular for al fresco dining and during summer our guests often have breakfast on the deck. Kangaroos regularly come up to drink from the birdbath near the deck. We believe that our location and unique connection to nature makes our lodge a special offering amongst Kangaroo Island hotels.
Well Equipped KitchenThe Lodge has a spacious, very well equipped kitchen that shares an open living area with the lounge and dining room. Appliances include gas cooktop, fan forced wall oven, microwave, dishwasher and a fridge/ freezer. An extensive range of saucepans, frypans and other cooking and serving utensils are provided. A range of condiments are also supplied to complement your meals.
For those guests that simply want to relax, forget about shopping lists; the drudgery of pushing a trolley around an unfamiliar supermarket and cooking…. then we’ve already sourced all the best local produce and wines for your meals so you don’t have to worry about a thing - a smorgasbord of delicacies awaits you here. We offer a delicious selection of prepared meal hampers that in most cases simply need to be reheated. Ask about our menu order form when you book or Click here
Kangaroo Island Lodge - BedroomsSea Dragon Lodge is ideal for extended families and larger groups and can accommodate up to 6 adults. The two main bedrooms have king-size beds, enjoy spectacular commanding ocean views and open onto the main deck. A third bedroom has 2 single beds and opens onto a side deck. All the bedrooms are air-conditioned, have TVs and DVD players and provide ample wardrobe space. Fresh linen and towels are supplied. There are 2 toilets and showers.
Life at Sea Dragon Kangaroo Island LodgeThe days at Sea Dragon take their cue from the guests and the environs. The serene location of our accommodation makes it a perfect setting to disconnect and simply enjoy the surrounding natural beauty: the whimsical shifting of light, moving tides, playful seasonal breezes, fascinating wildlife. Our Kangaroo Island lodge makes a perfect retreat for simply kicking back in luxury and being with nature. However, Kangaroo Island has a lot to see and do for the more adventurous guests.
Things to do nearby include:
- Swim, fish & relax on the beach at Pink Bay. A glass of wine enjoyed on the beach at dusk watching the kangaroos and sunset is not to be missed.
- Go fishing and catch a feed of King George Whiting.
- Explore the walking trails through Pink Bay's heritage scrub and view its wildlife in their natural surrounds.
- Visit Cape Willoughby Lighthouse and take the guided tour of this historic landmark.
- Walk to the spectacular Devil’s Kitchen and Windmill Bay near Cape Willoughby Lighthouse.
- Kangaroo Island Ocean Safaris at Penneshaw for dolphin and seal watching
- Birdwatching from the deck or visit Lashmar Lagoon.
- Enjoy food and wine at the Dudley Cellar Door (Great views and good food and wine – they won the Tourism Gold Medal for best Cellar Door in South Australia)
- Beachcomb along Antechamber Bay – three kilometres of white-sand beach with stunning rock formations and penguin hideouts at the western end!
- Explore Lesueur Conservation Park and Cape Hart.
- Beachcomb at spectacular Pennington Bay, the most photographed ocean beach on the island.
- Buy delicious fresh oysters at American River straight from the ocean
- Fine dining at Sunset Food and Wine overlooking Eastern Cove near Penneshaw
Click here to know the facts about Kangaroo Island