‘South Coast Highlights’ Tour
Duration: 8.5 hours
Focus: coastal scenery, wildlife and Australian bushland
Includes: morning tea, picnic lunch, refreshments & nibbles
Departure Time: 9:00am
- We start our scenic journey with first stop being picturesque Pennington Bay.
- Then you’ll have the choice to visit either:
- Raptor Domain is an environmental, educational, rehabilitation centre that provides interactive experiences with wildlife. Offering a great free-flight display showcasing many of Australia’s raptors such as the majestic Wedge Tail Eagle. Most of the birds have been injured or orphaned and are not suitable for release. They are now amazing ambassadors for their species. Every day these beautiful birds enjoy showing people their hunting techniques and natural behaviours.
- Seal Bay Conservation Park has been home to an Australian sea lion population for thousands of years, and offers one of the most exceptional nature-based experiences in the world. Go at your own pace on the 900 metre (return) boardwalk which meanders through the dunes to a number of viewing platforms. Australian sea lions are unique to South Australia and Western Australia. They are an endangered species – their total population is about 14,700. Seal Bay is the third largest colony of this magnificent, wild creature.
- Flinders Chase National Park where you will visit Admirals Arch; a beautiful natural rock arch sculpted by weathering and erosion from the sea over thousands of years, Weirs Cove; Where the first lighthouse keepers lived and is not only interesting from a historical perspective, but also offers spectacular coastal scenery and Remarkable Rocks; an amazing Granite Rock formation created over the last 450 million years.
- On the way home (and depending on timing) we may visit Hanson Bay or Vivonne Bay - voted one of Australia’s best beaches.
- You will see many different types of wildlife on this trip as well spectacular scenery.