Getting To The Island
FLIGHTS TO KANGAROO ISLANDSea Dragon Lodge & Villas is located a 1-hour drive from the Kangaroo Island Airport (Kingscote).
The following airlines operate to Kangaroo Island:
• Regional Express Airlines: www.regionalexpress.com.au
Daily return flights from Adelaide, South Australia.
• Qantas Airlines: www.qantas.com
Daily return flights from Adelaide, South Australia. Return flights from Melbourne, Victoria (December & January only).
FERRIES TO KANGAROO ISLANDSea Dragon Lodge & Villas is located a 30-minute drive from the Ferry Terminal (Penneshaw).
The following ferries operate to Kangaroo Island:
• SeaLink Kangaroo Island: www.sealink.com.au
Daily return passenger & vehicle ferries from Cape Jervis (2-hour drive south of Adelaide). Connecting coach service from Adelaide and Victor Harbour available.
• Kangaroo Island Connect: www.kic.com.au
Daily return passenger only ferry from Cape Jervis (2-hour drive south of Adelaide). Connecting coach service from Adelaide available. Ferry operation closed June & July.
- Make sure you reserve your transport to Kangaroo Island as soon as possible as spaces on ferries and flights is limited. WHAT CAR TO BRING:
- If bringing a vehicle to this island, we recommend a small SUV (RAV4 or similar) or a 4WD. Please do NOT bring a sports car, a car with low clearance or low-profile tyres as the unsealed roads are not suitable. ARRIVAL TIME TO ACCOMMODATION:
- Book your flight or ferry arrival so you drive to Sea Dragon Lodge & Villas during daylight hours (check-in 2pm, check-out 10am). Because of the abundant wildlife, it is hazardous driving after dark. Also, if you are hiring a car, the insurance generally will not cover you if an accident were to occur after dark.